Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ayasin

macrumors 6502
Jun 26, 2008
I have no idea how this could be accepted into the app store as there is no direct access to the camera in the SDK. This clearly violates the terms by using private frameworks so unless they have a special deal with Apple, I'm calling BS on this.

SlapMonkey

macrumors regular
Jun 15, 2008
I have no idea how this could be accepted into the app store as there is no direct access to the camera in the SDK. This clearly violates the terms by using private frameworks so unless they have a special deal with Apple, I'm calling BS on this.

I don't understand why people keep saying this. Half the legitimate "app store" apps I have allow direct access to the iPhone's camera (i.e., AirMe, Sketches, YouNote, etc.) So yes, this should be allowed.

Just amazing to me how one wrong rumor or bit of speculation gets spread around so quickly and widely that it becomes known as fact when it isn't (just like the myth that you shouldn't go swimming right after you eat, which is simply not true!)

Rojo

macrumors 65816
Sep 26, 2006
Barcelona
I don't understand why people keep saying this. Half the legitimate "app store" apps I have allow direct access to the iPhone's camera (i.e., AirMe, Sketches, YouNote, etc.) So yes, this should be allowed.

It's not just a general access (ability to take pictures) to the camera that he's talking about (which IS allowed), but a specific USE of the camera to take video (or video-like) captures. I believe in the SDK it's not allowed, which is why people don't think videorecording is going to come to the App Store until Apple changes their policy, or brings videorecording on their own.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.