Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fullfast

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 24, 2010
All just taken delivery of my Quadlock Wireless CarPlay Adaptor and can only say what a great purchase

Car already has wired CarPlay but hate the faff of plugging it in.....especially when I don't need to charge it or have it on a mount.

Works without fault and can now put it in the glovebox and have my phone in my pocket or bag without having cables or a mount on display

Won't suit everyone and I know most cars now have wireless car play but this is the easiest solution I have found so far

Not the cheapest either but 30% off at the moment due to Black Friday sale

Reactions: shooter45acp

rumbletum

macrumors regular
Apr 2, 2005
Wolverhampton, UK
All just taken delivery of my Quadlock Wireless CarPlay Adaptor and can only say what a great purchase

Car already has wired CarPlay but hate the faff of plugging it in.....especially when I don't need to charge it or have it on a mount.

Works without fault and can now put it in the glovebox and have my phone in my pocket or bag without having cables or a mount on display

Won't suit everyone and I know most cars now have wireless car play but this is the easiest solution I have found so far

Not the cheapest either but 30% off at the moment due to Black Friday sale

Didn't know such a thing existed, am very interested, how are you finding it? Also have you any experience using it with multiple iPhones, if so, is it a smooth experience?

fullfast

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 24, 2010
Didn't know such a thing existed, am very interested, how are you finding it? Also have you any experience using it with multiple iPhones, if so, is it a smooth experience?
Works extremely well and am extremely pleased with it

Reactions: rumbletum

shooter45acp

macrumors regular
Oct 5, 2017
RI
I just got one today And this thing is awesome no more plugging in phone! Tried sending text message, making phone call and music thing is great!

wlgspotter

macrumors newbie
Jan 7, 2012
I bought this initially back in March, but it "didn't work" with my car at that time. Plugged it in but didn't recognise it. I left it, and bought another one (one from Ottocast). Decided to give it another go after reading about firmware updates, turns out I needed to update the firmware on mine (I could connect to its WiFi hotspot and browse to it, just the car doesn't recognise a CarPlay adapter has been plugged in), it was a 2-step firmware update, and after updating to the latest firmware the car recognises it! It work and is a good adapter, I did find the start up times a bit slower than the Ottocast unit but this one do seem pretty rock solid (not that there was an major fault with the Ottocast unit as well). Going to try using it for a while and decide which one I prefer!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.