Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MrCheeto

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Nov 2, 2008
I've searched and found a few classic mac schematics but I haven't been able to find one that includes the 610 Quadra/Centris. I've just begun the recap of this (last used 2015) Macintosh and the board has disintegrated quite a lot. I can just feel that I'm in for a LOT of bodging and tracing.

Any resources?

I wouldn't mind finding a used board if it were in any better shape!

velocityg4

macrumors 604
Dec 19, 2004
Georgia
I don't think anyone reverse engineered that motherboard for schematics. You could look at some 840AV schematics. To get an idea of how things are connected on 68040 boards. Although the 840AV is much more complex. BOMAC made them a while ago and the site is dead now. You can still find them floating around though.

MrCheeto

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Nov 2, 2008
I did happen across BOMAC schematics for certain older macs but the unloved Quadras weren't included. Turns out, I only lost ONE pad in the operation of removing caps and I am responsible for that loss. If my wick didn't snag it, I'd be 20 for 20. It should be a simple bodge, but I still wanted to be able to trace the other circuits such as the awfully corroded IC's.

That being the case, once I get this working, anybody that needs somebody to tone-out a 610 can ask here and I will gladly provide my findings...assuming it comes together.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.