Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Superrenz

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 2, 2018
Wiesbaden, Germany
Slowly but surely I get the impression, that the glory days of Apple's quality control are over.
Today I discovered two tiny clusters of bad pixels on the screen of my IPP 12.9 (2018). Annoying but with AC+ no big deal- normally. Apple accepted my request for exchange right away and will ship a new one next week. So far so good. I wouldn't be posting if this was my first exchange due to hardware problems. But I will be setting my 4th IPP next week.

Number 1 had a scratched display right out of the box (almost impossible to overlook)
Number 2 had serious problems with the backlight (hard no to notice)
Number 3 bad pixels (right in the middle of the screen)

Hey Apple! I am a true customer since the mid 80s and I never experienced that many problems with my hardware!
Is this just bad luck or what's wrong with quality control these days?

Wonder if others have similar experiences.....

DragonX

macrumors 6502
Mar 23, 2013
After almost year my iPad Pro developed serious touch issues, got replaced by Apple and replacement developed the same problem after 2 months. And I’m not alone. It’s a widespread problem on all modern iPads including 2018 models, just check numerous threads on this forum.

The glory days seem to have been ended in year 2013 with the last truly reliable MacBook. iPhone is still a very solid product. Let’s see for how long.

Reactions: Superrenz

AutomaticApple

Suspended
Nov 28, 2018
Massachusetts
Slowly but surely I get the impression, that the glory days of Apple's quality control are over.
Today I discovered two tiny clusters of bad pixels on the screen of my IPP 12.9 (2018). Annoying but with AC+ no big deal- normally. Apple accepted my request for exchange right away and will ship a new one next week. So far so good. I wouldn't be posting if this was my first exchange due to hardware problems. But I will be setting my 4th IPP next week.

Number 1 had a scratched display right out of the box (almost impossible to overlook)
Number 2 had serious problems with the backlight (hard no to notice)
Number 3 bad pixels (right in the middle of the screen)

Hey Apple! I am a true customer since the mid 80s and I never experienced that many problems with my hardware!
Is this just bad luck or what's wrong with quality control these days?

Wonder if others have similar experiences.....
My IPP 12.9 (2018) has been working perfectly since December. Ive never had to replace it!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.