Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tuanlouis

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 27, 2020
Hi,

AC+ new subscriber here. My question is can I transfer my AC+ to a newer model? Say this year I am going to purchase an iPhone 16 Pro Max, can I transfer remaining days of AC+ on my iPhone 15 Pro to the 16 Pro Max?

Thank you!

chrfr

macrumors G5
Jul 11, 2009
Hi,

AC+ new subscriber here. My question is can I transfer my AC+ to a newer model? Say this year I am going to purchase an iPhone 16 Pro Max, can I transfer remaining days of AC+ on my iPhone 15 Pro to the 16 Pro Max?

Thank you!
If you're not on a month to month AC+ plan you can get a prorated refund by calling Applecare support, but you can't transfer it to another device. I believe you also cannot get a refund if you've used the accidental damage repair services. If you're month to month, you cannot get a refund at all.

tuanlouis

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 27, 2020
If you're not on a month to month AC+ plan you can get a prorated refund by calling Applecare support, but you can't transfer it to another device. I believe you also cannot get a refund if you've used the accidental damage repair services. If you're month to month, you cannot get a refund at all.

Yeah, it's not a monthly subscription but a one-time purchase.

But I remember I read somewhere user can transfer AC+ remaining days to a new device.
Why refund is not possible when accidental damage service is used?

Domadia_Jasmine

macrumors regular
Mar 24, 2017

But I remember I read somewhere user can transfer AC+ remaining days to a new device.

I don’t know about monthly subscription also if there’s a difference in different regions, but for one time purchase in my region, we can get refund on pro rated basis even if you have a accidental damage claimed in the past

chrfr

macrumors G5
Jul 11, 2009

I'm not sure about the refund if the accidental damage has been used, I've never had to get a refund from a plan where that's been used. You should check with Apple to see what your options are.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.