Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kingston73

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Dec 23, 2015
We all know autocorrect has been terrible in iOS 13. I’m wondering if a different keyboard could make this better or if it solely a function of iOS?

Cancelled
Apr 16, 2020
If I understand your question, if you look in iOS settings > General > Keyboards, the Auto Correct settings is under the heading of All Keyboards. Based on that, I would say no, a different keyboard wouldn't change the way iOS functions.

Reactions: dk001

dk001

macrumors demi-god
Oct 3, 2014
Sage, Lightning, and Mountains
We all know autocorrect has been terrible in iOS 13. I’m wondering if a different keyboard could make this better or if it solely a function of iOS?

Whether I use the stock keyboard or the Google keyboard, the speed spell check is extremely poor. I suspect it is the function of iOS. NOTE: the ”speed” correction was an after the fact correction by the stock keyboard - I am typing on an ASK.

The same Google keyboard on my Android device yields very decent results In direct contrast to the same keyboard on iOS.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.