Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

morty192

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 26, 2010
Is it possible to set two parameters for an automation to start eg.
When car play connects and after leaving work and after 5pm call xxx and message xxx????
Thanks

Puonti

macrumors 68000
Mar 14, 2011
Isn't that three parameters? (leave work, CarPlay, after 5pm)

Anyway, I'm guessing what you're getting at is that you often leave work in your car during the day but only want this automation to trigger if you're heading home (after 5pm) and only if you're able to carry the conversation hands-free (through CarPlay).

Doesn't look like it's possible. You can combine leaving a location with a time range, but not also have CarPlay in the equation. My recommendation is you get an NFC tag for your car and have the automation run when you place your phone near it. Then only place the phone near it when you're heading home and CarPlay's connected.

Reactions: morty192

morty192

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 26, 2010
Isn't that three parameters? (leave work, CarPlay, after 5pm)

Anyway, I'm guessing what you're getting at is that you often leave work in your car during the day but only want this automation to trigger if you're heading home (after 5pm) and only if you're able to carry the conversation hands-free (through CarPlay).

Doesn't look like it's possible. You can combine leaving a location with a time range, but not also have CarPlay in the equation. My recommendation is you get an NFC tag for your car and have the automation run when you place your phone near it. Then only place the phone near it when you're heading home and CarPlay's connected.
Oh well. Maybe in iOS14.

ZEEN0j

macrumors 68000
Sep 29, 2014
ok I’m tired. Realized you can already set a time in a automation.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.