Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sonyrules

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 26, 2001
Ohio
I just recently bought the single 800 G4 with the CD-RW, and i have a pioneer A03 drive in the PC i want to take out.. I also have a Firewaire kit that turns IDE drives in to firewire. My question is if i put this drive in the firewire kit, Will my mac be able to see it and use it?

Jr

AlphaTech

macrumors 601
Oct 4, 2001
Natick, MA
Using Toast, Titanium retail/deluxe, you should be able to see and use it. I don't think that the native software to the OS will though. Your other option, would be to try and put the Pioneer drive inside your Mac, and make the cdrw external.

I use Toast for all my burning activities (of the computer nature) and have found it to be a powerfull app that runs under both OS 9 and OS X natively.

buffsldr

macrumors 6502a
May 7, 2001
i agree

put the superdrive in the mac and make the cd-rw external... then again, unless you are copying a lot of cd-s, dont worry about the cd-rw, sell it on ebay

AlphaTech

macrumors 601
Oct 4, 2001
Natick, MA
even better

See if you can just swap the drives. Put the superdrive into the Mac, and the burner into the pc. It would be interesting to know if the hardware goes both ways :D.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.