Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Marine0621

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 24, 2011
Ok so my sister bought me the new Apple Tv for xmas this past year. I got it with the hopes that I'd be able to use it at work on my lunches and breaks etc since they have a TV in the breakroom (only channel we get is the corporate channel). I jave a jailbroken iPhone 4 so I have a program that lets me view files from my comp on my phone and also a program that before the new iOS release allowed me to AirPlay previously unAirPlay-able media. The problem I ran into though is that in order to use wifi at work, everytime you open the internet browser, you need to accept a user agreement and so w/o the ATV having a browser, this makes it impossible for me to connect to wifi at work in order to AirPlay.

Is there an app in the jailbreaking community that gives browser functionality to the ATV? Only thing I want the browser for is to log onto the wifi, Im not looking to stream actual webpages etc. Any help is appreciated.

joshaube

macrumors newbie
Oct 5, 2007
Yes, there is. If you jailbreak your device and install ATV Flash (black) Beta 4+ from FireCore, you are able to easily install a browser from their 'Maintenance' menu.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.