Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tipdrill407

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 26, 2006
Hi, I'm about to download something to my Macbook that will take approximately 9 hours, so i plan on leaving my macbook on juz to download while i sleep, i wuz just wondering whether a Macbook simply downloading something form the net counts as "inactive" and would the Macbook go to sleep after the preset "inactive" time in System Preferences?

juanster

macrumors 68020
Mar 2, 2007
toronto
m not sure, but i dont htink it will go to sleep if it's downloading something, it doesn t when azureus is running for me... i usually leav eit on for a couple of hours or whole days sometimes.. and it doen st got o sleep

CalBoy

macrumors 604
May 21, 2007
The easiest way to check is to see if your screen dims after five minutes (or whatever your preset time is). If it does, then you know if it is viewed as a "dormant" activity. If such is the case, then the best thing would be to disable the sleep function for the duration of the download, and then reset it once you're it's done.

PS: I hope that this is a legal download. If it's not, then keep it to yourself.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.