Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DarkNetworks

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Apr 12, 2005
I'm planning to buy Minna no Golf 5 (Japan Version). Will it work on my UK PS3? I checked the product information and it says, No Region Protection, so technically it should work rite? My other question is, anyone knows of any place online where I can purchase games from Asia? I know a few but most would not ship to the European Union (EU).

asxtb

macrumors 6502
Sep 1, 2005
PS3 games are supposed to be regionless. That's one of the reasons I bought my PS3. So it should work.

When does 'Everybody's Golf 5' come out? It's in a few weeks, isn't it?

DarkNetworks

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Apr 12, 2005

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
^ Ebay is always handy tbh. I've bought some Asian & USA games for the PS3 from there.

It's a pain since Sony closed down LikSang to get main name online retailers in Asia to ship games to Europe.

What I don't understand however is why USA/Canadian stores like DVDboxoffice.com have been ignored by Sony. Seems a bit zenophobic to Asian market, when correct me if I'm wrong... errr sony are asian ? ;)

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
Dang that site is cheap. I was looking to import Minna no Golf 5 and at AUD$63 I just had to try them out. That is insane when in Australia we pay AUD$100-$120 for PS3 games.

They were a bit n00bish at first ... like I think, when they first opened up, I ordered something from them, and they sent me back an unencrypted e-mail with my full credit card number in the e-mail! :eek: :eek: :eek: -- this was maybe eight years ago.

Anyways, I've periodically bought Japanese music from them and been very happy with the transactions. Seem like a good, honest company that, like NCSX, is focused on helping the fanbase out.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.