Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

camelia

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 3, 2015
Mexico City
Hi,

Is Safari 7.1.6 (Latest) safe for e-banking or do I need to use another browser for this task?

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide me
Came

Last edited:

ricede

macrumors regular
Aug 16, 2010
Inside
I have used it with my bank a/c and it doesn't seem to be a problem.

Why do you think that it is not safe ?

camelia

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 3, 2015
Mexico City
I have used it with my bank a/c and it doesn't seem to be a problem.

Why do you think that it is not safe ?

Because I have to enable JavaScript in order to browse, and Java presents a serious security risk... :confused:

Oh, Last question about Safari, is possible to install the Adblock Plus extension?

Came

Last edited:

ricede

macrumors regular
Aug 16, 2010
Inside
I have javascript enabled on my mac. No problem.

I do NOT have java installed. Apple no longer bundles java with mac OS's. If you really need it you have to download & install it yourself.

Java & javascript are 2 different things. I cant say i understand it very well but there are explanations on Google if you want to look it up.

I don't know about AdBlock plus. I use AdBlock which is different, but it works very well. ( not sure why their names are so similar )

DeltaMac

macrumors G5
Jul 30, 2003
Delaware
Because I have to enable JavaScript in order to browse, and Java presents a serious security risk... :confused:

Oh, Last question about Safari, is possible to install the Adblock Plus extension?

Came

Always confusing - Java, and Javascript, except for the name java, are not related to each other in any way.

Adblock Plus should not be a problem with your Safari.
Just go to the Extensions gallery, and add it to your Safari.

camelia

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 3, 2015
Mexico City
I have javascript enabled on my mac. No problem.

I do NOT have java installed. Apple no longer bundles java with mac OS's. If you really need it you have to download & install it yourself.

Java & javascript are 2 different things. I cant say i understand it very well but there are explanations on Google if you want to look it up.

I don't know about AdBlock plus. I use AdBlock which is different, but it works very well. ( not sure why their names are so similar )

No! No! I don't want Java in my system!! :p
As DeltaMac posted it seems i get lost and yes he is right it is always confusing Java, and Javascript.... :eek:

Thanks!! :)

Always confusing - Java, and Javascript, except for the name java, are not related to each other in any way.

Adblock Plus should not be a problem with your Safari.
Just go to the Extensions gallery, and add it to your Safari.

Thank you very much DeltaMac for your help and clarification about Java and Adblock Plus

Now i will do e-banking and not worries about using Safari :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.