Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zinacef

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 26, 2018
I recently setup a MyQ Home Bridge with my garage door openers in order for it to work with HomeKit. With that being said, I enabled two of the available scenes - When I Arrive Home & When I Leave Home.

Am I supposed to invoke Siri and tell her that I'm leaving/arriving home for her to close/open the garage doors? I was under the assumption that when I'm leaving/arriving home, the garage doors would automatically close/open without me having to intervene.

Am I missing something?

Itinj24

Contributor
Nov 8, 2017
New York
I recently setup a MyQ Home Bridge with my garage door openers in order for it to work with HomeKit. With that being said, I enabled two of the available scenes - When I Arrive Home & When I Leave Home.

Am I supposed to invoke Siri and tell her that I'm leaving/arriving home for her to close/open the garage doors? I was under the assumption that when I'm leaving/arriving home, the garage doors would automatically close/open without me having to intervene.

Am I missing something?
Check your inbox ?

Reactions: zinacef
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.