Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

al82

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 13, 2008
Right i have had 2 MBAs and BOTH have suffered from slow down when simply watching a avi file. I know it's not normal but my friend said she has the same problem.

If i pay £1200 for something i expect to be able to watch an avi file during my lunch break and not have to think of something else to do as it stutters so much.

When i got the Air the older MB were in the store and the screen difference between the Air and MB was noticeable. By a fair bit.

The air had a brighter screen, i liked the glossy finish too.

With the new MB have they improved the screen at all? or is it the same screen?
i see apples site says glossy screen, was the old mb screen glossy too?

KompleX

macrumors regular
Mar 4, 2008
Downey, CA
from my experience with two macbooks is the screen quality seems to vary from very good to average. the first macbook that i owned for a very short time had a very good screen: bright and evenly lit. however, after exchanging it for the newer penryn macbook, the screen appears dimmer and has a dark spot in one corner. now, since i only had my first macbook for less than a week and didn't get as acquainted with it, these differences may just be all in my head, but regardless, the screen appears unchanged and has a high variability of built quality.

al82

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 13, 2008
When i had the black mb, the screen seemed like the contrast was too high for whats on screen. Blacks didnt seem black and had while glow around the edges.

When i had the screen side by side with the air the air had a better screen, was wondering if it was because of led or because the screen was glossy.

I know the nex MB have a glossy screen, did the older ones?

mckyvlle

macrumors 6502a
Nov 21, 2007
London, UK
For colour and contrast problems, try searching for "~david"'s colour profile and adjusting contrast settings in the Universal Access preference pane.

si2000

macrumors newbie
Mar 3, 2008
mine came with a flat screen. no gloss:confused:

edit reflective when off=gloss, it is a gloss

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.