Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

abstern

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 15, 2012
Washington, DC
Hey all! I plan on purchasing my first iPad soon, and was thinking about getting the Saddleback leather case for the iPad! For those who have had one for some time now, I was curious how well the leather straps hold up in terms of supporting the iPad in the various positions that it can stand the case up. I would imagine that since the straps are leather, after time they would break in and not be as supportive, and if this happens rather quickly, it would be somewhat of a deal breaker when it comes to that case. Any other pros and cons about the case that you've noticed while having it after some time would also be greatly appreciated, thanks!

glen e

macrumors 68030
Jun 19, 2010
Ft Lauderdale
I am a huge saddleback fan.I own three of their satchels and briefcases. But the iPad case is just a bit too much for me. Saddleback stuff is very heavy duty and is great for briefcases, but in the case of the iPad case it's very thick and is almost too much, and overpowers the iPad. The straps are strong and it holds position, but you're adding a lot of weight to a small device. I think there are better cases out there that are thinner and protect just as well. If you want leather, look at a Sena case.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.