Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dvir971

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 7, 2011
Israel
Hey, I got a question about what the rumors say about the new "flat" look of the iOS 7.... I know there will be a flat, more simple (and possibly ugly) new look that will look like the crapy Windows 8 (bad idea in my opinion). But I heard a rumor that you could choose between the new flat look to the old beautiful look.... Is that true?

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
Hey, I got a question about what the rumors say about the new "flat" look of the iOS 7.... I know there will be a flat, more simple (and possibly ugly) new look that will look like the crapy Windows 8 (bad idea in my opinion). But I heard a rumor that you could choose between the new flat look to the old beautiful look.... Is that true?

If you don't like the look of the new iOS don't upgrade. Simple.

dvir971

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 7, 2011
Israel
If you don't like the look of the new iOS don't upgrade. Simple.
Yeah but after time will go by more and more applications wont be compatible with the iOS 6 and start to work slow (or maybe updates that won't download unless you have iOS 7+) so not upgrading is not really an option for me.
Also, I want to know apple's future is safe and I don't want them to loose one of the most important advantages they have on any operating systems: the beautiful design.

nepalisherpa

macrumors 68020
Aug 15, 2011
USA

timcooks@apple.com <-- He will provide you with an answer.

Seriously, everything we have heard so far is a rumor. How do you expect us to answer that question? Wait for 10 more days and you will find out.

wc17

macrumors member
Mar 7, 2012
iOS...and really most OS's are similar in that if you dont like them...dont use them. No, you wont have the option between the great new OS and the old, stale OS if you want to get the latest updates etc. so youll have to either update eventually....or move on from Apple...

I would suggest to stop being a giant child and actually wait to see what iOS 7 actually looks like...to each their own I guess...

dvir971

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 7, 2011
Israel
Yes, you have definitely seen how the OS looks and decided to hate it.

Makes total sense.

I decided to start hating it when I heard the similarities with Windows 8 , which I hate from the depths of my heart... Apple are better than this

----------

Seriously, everything we have heard so far is a rumor. How do you expect us to answer that question? Wait for 10 more days and you will find out.

The only decent answer I got this far, thanks

Simplicated

macrumors 65816
Sep 20, 2008
Waterloo, Ontario, Canada
I decided to start hating it when I heard the similarities with Windows 8 , which I hate from the depths of my heart... Apple are better than this

----------

The only decent answer I got this far, thanks

You hate to see something that you haven't seen. :rolleyes: The only decent answer, as you claim, is what you already have in mind.

Last edited:

ra4oasis

macrumors 6502
Jul 10, 2010
There is no way Apple is going to let you choose between the new look, and the "old beautiful" look. Speaking of the "old beautiful", although I don't disagree that the current look is beautiful, it is the exact same look we've had since the first iPhone, so a change can be refreshing. Also, I don't think iOS 7 will look anything like Windows Phone 8. Although I actually really like the look of Windows Phone 8, but I still don't think iOS is going to change THAT drastically. Don't fear change so much.

blitzer09x87

macrumors 6502
May 19, 2013

yes, i think apple will give that option to us because all of the iphone users are used to the current look, a sudden irreversible change will cause havoc for users, it'll cause confusion and some people who love the old look or hate the new look might switch to another platform, so i think apple will give that option to us.

Simplicated

macrumors 65816
Sep 20, 2008
Waterloo, Ontario, Canada
yes, i think apple will give that option to us because all of the iphone users are used to the current look, a sudden irreversible change will cause havoc for users, it'll cause confusion and some people who love the old look or hate the new look might switch to another platform, so i think apple will give that option to us.

I don't think Apple is the "give the users all options" company. But Apple is also smart enough to not make changes too radical.

WordMasterRice

macrumors 6502a
Aug 3, 2010
Upstate NY

This is fairly ridiculous. They would leave iOS because they like the old look... and go to a different platform that doesn't look anything like the old look. Makes sense to me.

BvizioN

macrumors 603
Mar 16, 2012
Manchester, UK
Also, I want to know apple's future is safe and I don't want them to loose one of the most important advantages they have on any operating systems: the beautiful design.

Trust me, Apple put's thoughts into their future far more then you do.
I don't think Apple would give you an option to choose the old version. Personaly I don't think Apple will design a less beautiful iOS. And seriously.... why do people think that any flat design would automatically look like W8?

Rogifan

macrumors Penryn
Nov 14, 2011
Hmm...so you haven't seen one bit of iOS 7 but are already stating as fact that it will be ugly and that the old look was beautiful. Just curious what you think was/is beautiful about Game Center, iMessage, Notes, Contacts, Find my Friends, iCal, etc.?

----------

Trust me, Apple put's thoughts into their future far more then you do.
I don't think Apple would give you an option to choose the old version. Personaly I don't think Apple will design a less beautiful iOS. And seriously.... why do people think that any flat design would automatically look like W8?

Apparently people think Microsoft invented flat design.

charlituna

macrumors G3
Jun 11, 2008
Los Angeles, CA

No you don't know. No one does until WWDC. But no it is not likely it will just be a theme you can choose or not

----------

timcooks@apple.com <-- He will provide you with an answer.

No he won't

1. They don't tell before the big announcement

2 that's the email for Tim the Soup Cook at Cafe Mac, not Tim Cook the CEO

Naor

macrumors regular
May 19, 2013
How ignorant do you have to be to think that iOS will ever look like Windows 8?

5kylar

macrumors member
Apr 11, 2013
ON. Canada
These threads never get old. What part of "Concept Videos" and "Rumors" doesn't click right? 9 more days and we can start speculating iOS8 :rolleyes:

Abazigal

Contributor
Jul 18, 2011
Singapore

That's not the way Apple does things. Did they offer you a choice between keeping the old Google Maps or using the new Maps in IOS6?

roland.g

macrumors 604
Apr 11, 2005
For some time iOS has certainly in the eyes of many needed for lack of a better word theme or skin controls. People want the ability to customize the color and look of certain overall elements. This would certainly be welcome. However, I don't see that happening. This isn't the case of choose to stick with traditional scrolling over natural scrolling or something like that.

As for iOS 6, you can keep your device on that for quite some time. I am sure there are people still running iOS 5 fine for the most part. I think most people don't upgrade in the short term. Only those on boards such as these and really in tune with technology tend to download and upgrade within the short term. Many people wait months, possibly until they change devices, simply because they don't know.

Smith288

macrumors 65816
Feb 26, 2008
This thread reminds me of my 5th grade daughter coming home touting the new iPhone 6 that will be transparent (because a schoolmate saw the concept video a college student made).

Cracks me up how people don't seem to put logic into their reasoning or investigate things past seeing a screen shot they saw on the internets.

spades1412

macrumors 6502
Jun 12, 2009
This thread reminds me of my 5th grade daughter coming home touting the new iPhone 6 that will be transparent (because a schoolmate saw the concept video a college student made).

Cracks me up how people don't seem to put logic into their reasoning or investigate things past seeing a screen shot they saw on the internets.

Thats like one of my co-workers, who knows I am an Apple fan asking me if I saw the new iPhone. He was touting about how cool it was and that it projected images and video onto the wall while laying on a table.

dontpannic

macrumors 6502
May 16, 2011
Orpington, Kent, UK

facepalm.png

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.