Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iPodTouchRules

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 30, 2007
Somewhere in the U.S
So this is basically a "portable" charger that can go with you in the car, or just a normal outlet. And if I'm not mistaken, are you supposed to also buy the Apple World Travel adapter kit in order it to work? It would be nice to charge an ipod without having to plug it into your computer. The car thing would be really nice for when going on long car rides/vacation.

aft

macrumors regular
Sep 18, 2007
If your just talking about Apple MA592LL/A iPod USB Power Adapter it is just yes it allows you to plug your usb cable into this adaptor straight into a wall outlet. There are a lot of cheaper options out there that do the same thing without the apple logo. There are also a ton of kits that include both the wall plug and the car cigarette lighter adaptor. If you want to stay with apple products I suggest you go ahead and get either the Apple Composite AV cables or Apple Component AV cables because you get a USB adaptor with the cables for $50 instead of just the adaptor for $30. So for just $20 more you can watch your podcasts, movies or picture slideshows on a full screen TV, awesome way to take movies with you if you travel a lot and stay at hotels.

Born2Lose

macrumors newbie
Dec 5, 2007
I agree, but to be honest the cheaper options work just as well. But just don't have the apple logo. You could spend about $10 on a dual charger that will charge two USB devices at once which you can buy at walmart. It's great, i can charge my Ipod 5g, and my iPod touch at the same time. Definately worth the money. Works just as well as the Apple brand, my brother bought the one from Apple. And he can only charge one device at a time. Have never had any problems. And it works great.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.