Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

PhillyGuy72

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Sep 13, 2014
Philadelphia, PA USA
I've done the trade-in of older iPhone models before, but always in the Apple store...then wal out with the new model.

My question is related to Pre-Ordering online, when asked "Do You Have an older model to trade-in?" (Click Yes)

May sound stupid...forgive me. Now I know you pay in full first...do you get the new phone first, then send the old model to - where ever?
How long is the turn around time before you get a money back of your old device?

And is this money refunded to your credit card, or do you get an Apple Gift Card?

Thanks!

I WOULD try to do this in stores this year like before, but-
A) The chance of Pro Max being there on Day 1..even week 1 may be pretty low.
B) Even trying to get inside my local Apple store, the capacity limit rules, long lines whenever I pass there is a tad chaotic - add that of course the rates of this virus is starting to go up and up each day again around here. :(

Lsmachado

macrumors 6502a
Sep 20, 2018
Texas
I've done the trade-in of older iPhone models before, but always in the Apple store...then wal out with the new model.

My question is related to Pre-Ordering online, when asked "Do You Have an older model to trade-in?" (Click Yes)

May sound stupid...forgive me. Now I know you pay in full first...do you get the new phone first, then send the old model to - where ever?
How long is the turn around time before you get a money back of your old device?

And is this money refunded to your credit card, or do you get an Apple Gift Card?

Thanks!

B) Even trying to get inside my local Apple store, the capacity limit rules, long lines whenever I pass there is a tad chaotic - add that of course the rates of this virus is starting to go up and up each day again around here. :(
You send in your trade after you receive the new device. Usually takes 1-1/2 to 2 weeks from the time you send in your trade till they issue the refund. The funds are depoited to your original payment method.

Reactions: PhillyGuy72

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011

Thanks!

Apple wil provide a shipping label and the trade in box to you which will come via fedex. The money is refunded to your credit card. It can take 10-15 business days for the trade in process to complete.

For me, I just buy the phone and then just go to the apple store and do a trade in and they usually ask me which card I would like the money put into and I usually give them my debit card, this way then I just pay off the value toward the credit card I used.

Reactions: PhillyGuy72

PhillyGuy72

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Sep 13, 2014
Philadelphia, PA USA
You send in your trade after you receive the new device. Usually takes 1-1/2 to 2 weeks from the time you send in your trade till they issue the refund. The funds are depoited to your original payment method.

Apple wil provide a shipping label and the trade in box to you which will come via fedex. The money is refunded to your credit card. It can take 10-15 business days for the trade in process to complete.

For me, I just buy the phone and then just go to the apple store and do a trade in and they usually ask me which card I would like the money put into and I usually give them my debit card, this way then I just pay off the value toward the credit card I used.

Awesome, thanks for the replies!

Reactions: Lsmachado
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.