Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Axl Rose

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 16, 2007
1.Does it come with a screen protector

2.Does it make the touch too big in your opinion

3.I assume quality is good but how is it from a users perspective.

Thanks

LouTreize

macrumors regular
May 19, 2007
I own some Vaja products and the quality is pretty good.

They don't have a screen protector. And it'll most probably make the iPT a little larger than usual.

Here are the dimensions of the case...
W: 2.63"
H: 4.38"
D: 0.53"

Axl Rose

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 16, 2007
Thanks..guess ill have to buy the screen protector some where else,know of any good ones by chance. :)

LouTreize

macrumors regular
May 19, 2007
Thanks..guess ill have to buy the screen protector some where else,know of any good ones by chance. :)

I'll be honest with you, IMO screen protectors are useless. First you gotta deal with the price, then applying and making sure you dont have bubbles, then you gotta deal with maintaining them. Sometimes the corners un-stick, sometimes dust gets stuck on the boarders...ah it's a mess for no reason. Hold on for awhile and watch where you put your iPT is my only suggestion. Eventually you'll see some good products to protect your iPT like they've done for other iPods.

Just be careful :cool:

Edit: And if you really want one, their is one in particular that attracts a lot of buyers. I can't remember the name, if you do a quick search you're bound to find it, i'm sure.

Axl Rose

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 16, 2007
While i am still going to get the Vaja case i just don't want my screen to get messed up,though I've had it for about two weeks and it is fine....

RodThePlod

macrumors 6502a
Sep 7, 2005
London
I'll be honest with you, IMO screen protectors are useless....
Just be careful :cool:

Be very careful! I put an IS on the back of mine but didn't put the front part on because I thought the screen was quite resilient. I always keep it in a sock, too.

Anyhow I went to use it today and... yup the screen has a scratch! Have no idea where it came from. Must be my pesky kids :rolleyes:

Actually, it's not bad at all - it's right in the left bottom corner on the black screen surround so it doesn't get in the way - but it proved to me that the glass isn't as resistant to scratches as I first thought.

So tonight I'm putting on the front IS before I get any more!

Rod.

LouTreize

macrumors regular
May 19, 2007
You know come to think of it...because the iPT front is flush, i don't think it'll be as bad as i think it'll be (gooder english :p). I've had experience with Palms, cellphones and a DS lite (worst purchase i've made to date, hahaha) and it's been nothing but bad news with these protectors. Anyways...each to their own :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.