Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Toddorndorff890

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 13, 2015
So I've been using wine to play this CLASSIC game and it works great!!!! (Anyone wants the steps to this just shoot me a message and I'll be more than glad to help.) Only thing that sucks about it, is once it's opened it starts glitching pretty bad. The opening, the main menu and the game itself. The solution, close your mac and let it sleep for a second. Then just open it back up and it works great. (I've been doing this to get the original Sims to work as well for anyone dealing with that). Anyways the thing I'm trying to do is add maps to the game. I downloaded the 1148 map pack. I was just wondering if there is a way for me to add the maps to the yuri files? I don't actually have it installed on the Mac, just using it through wine. I can bring it up to where I can 'explore' the cd through wine but I can't do a drag and drop with the maps when it brings it up like you would on microsoft. I figured it would work being as the maps are pretty much .exe files themselves. If there's anyone with a little bit more knowledge on this please let me know. The original maps get a little boring after the thousandth time playing them lol Take care guys and thank you!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.