Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Spanky Deluxe

macrumors demi-god
Original poster
Mar 17, 2005
London, UK
Hey all!

I played WoW for a while last year and levelled up to the mid 30s. Left it for a while then bought a month's worth of credit and levelled to 38. A few weeks ago I got an email from Blizzard offering a 10 day free upgrade to the Burning Crusade as a trial thing for existing registered users. I figured I might as well use it since I quite fancied getting into WoW again.
Now I've been playing quite a bit this last week and have been having a really good time. I didn't really play the Burning Crusade bit apart from creating a new character that was a Blood Elf (just to see what they look like) and having a run around the Dranei's island with my main character.
Now my ten day trial period has expired and I'd really like to play again. I'd like to play the Burning Crusade version since I figure I might as well at this point.

So... my questions are:

1. When you buy the Burning Crusade, do you get any free game-time like you do when you buy WoW? The shops had closed by the time I realised my WoW account had expired so I couldn't get a copy.
2. Is there anywhere online where I can just buy a license key for it since I already have the software installed?
3. If there *is* some free game-time in the Burning Crusade package, would it stack on top of any game-time I might already have purchased on my account?

I made a shed-load of money on the AH this last week and now have a full matching armour kit (apart from shoulder pads) and about 550g to my name which I think is rather decent for a 42 (just under 43) level first time player.
:)

apfhex

macrumors 68030
Aug 8, 2006
Northern California
1. I don't really know if you get any extra time for buying TBC.
2. Directly from Blizzard's website (where incidentally you can also download the game clients, if you hadn't bought the boxed version). Surprised you didn't know this. :)
3. Again, dunno.

Spanky Deluxe

macrumors demi-god
Original poster
Mar 17, 2005
London, UK
1. I don't really know if you get any extra time for buying TBC.
2. Directly from Blizzard's website (where incidentally you can also download the game clients, if you hadn't bought the boxed version). Surprised you didn't know this. :)
3. Again, dunno.

Cool about 2. Yeah I downloaded the game client from Blizzard but I didn't know if that was something exclusive to the ten day trial I was doing or not.

Denali9

macrumors member
Jun 15, 2007
Burning crusade

I just upgraded actually and no there is no game time with the burning crusade. This should answer point 2 and 3. I am having fun, I have a level 11 hunter blood elf and a level 30 warrior Tauren. It's a fun game, just don't have enough time to play it more than a few hours now and then.

It may not be worth it to buy it until you reach level 60 or unless you really want to try one of the new race.

Spanky Deluxe

macrumors demi-god
Original poster
Mar 17, 2005
London, UK
Cool. I might just get the subscription for now then. It sucks that you can't buy the Burning Crusade as a digital download outside of the US though. :(

lorductape

macrumors 6502
Jun 23, 2006
t3h usa
it to buy it until you reach level 60 or unless you really want to try one of the new race.

been playin 2 months, im a 43 human warrior. there is every reason to buy it before 60 besides the races; get a mage to port you to shattrath city and set your hearthstone there, because shatt has a portal to every major city in the game. makes leveling much faster.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.