Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

joey561

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 24, 2010
Hey guys.

This thread around 15PM not being able to make calls, I’ve reported it twice today because it reads like nonsense.

Each time I have it disappears and I can’t see it again - I thought it was because it had been removed, but obviously not, comes back after a few hours.

How does the reporting of threads work in real terms here?

Cheers

Reactions: ninecows

joey561

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 24, 2010
Absolutely nothing. This place is going down the pan, such blatant trolling is just allowed but you get warned for acceptable posts. Shocking.

Boyd01

Staff member
Feb 21, 2012
New Jersey Pine Barrens
Not going to comment on any thread specifically, but reports are reviewed by multiple moderators who decide whether any action is needed. Sometimes the thread may be removed from public view while this happens, then later restored. I can tell you there are many threads around here that I dislike, but that's not grounds for deleting them. Moderation is done based on the forum rules, and if we can't put our finger on a violation of these rules then we don't take action (regardless of our personal opinions). When it comes to trolling, as the rule says, "For a given post, this can be a subjective call".

As @Banglazed said, if your report is rejected, it's best to just move on and ignore a thread that "reads like nonsense" instead of submitting multiple reports.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.