Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Chapaloo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 6, 2021
Hey guys !

Been waiting for apple to come out with this new MacBook for so long.

I use the computer for light editing, work tasks, movies, etc.

I want to get the m1 max, 64 gb memory, with 2tb

I can order this direct from apple.
However, I have always bought my electronics from best buy because when they break or something goes wrong, best buy just swaps it out, or when there is a new model I heard they will swap it out if you have the geek squad protection plan.

I noticed on best buy's website they don't have any custom models (only stock) so I can't get the specs I want.

What do you guys think? Order from apple or best buy?

do you think in time best buy will have the option to get the custom models (as they did with the previous MacBook) or only available through apple.

At the moment, the best one you can get is 32gb memory with 1tb.

Also, I could start storing things on apple's cloud drive? I don't want to take around an external hard drive since I travel so much

Hombre53

macrumors regular
Feb 27, 2018
Get the exact machine you want from Apple. Returns are simple. Expect a wait into next month if you want a 14" or 16" MPB.

sshep12345

macrumors newbie
Oct 17, 2015
i had the same dilemma...i went with the stock $2499 14" at Bestbuy,because i didnt want to wait 6 weeks, plus BB offered 36 months/no interest. i may live to regret the 16gb ram, but so far its awsome!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.