Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

I Need a Drink

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 14, 2013
Spotlight doesn't seem to search the content of my .docx files, only the file names. I was wondering if anyone using the beta knows if this is fixed and if not, could someone on the beta provide feedback to Apple to see if it can be fixed by the final release. Thanks.

Mr. Retrofire

macrumors 603
Mar 2, 2010
www.emiliana.cl/en
Spotlight doesn't seem to search the content of my .docx files, only the file names. I was wondering if anyone using the beta knows if this is fixed and if not, could someone on the beta provide feedback to Apple to see if it can be fixed by the final release. Thanks.
Does it not need the appropriate meta data importers? I thought MS Office installs the correct meta data importers?

I Need a Drink

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 14, 2013
Does it not need the appropriate meta data importers? I thought MS Office installs the correct meta data importers?

I think MS Office does install the importer, but I'm not so sure that they update it when they release other Office updates. I just bought a MacBook Pro yesterday and installed MS Office. After I copied my files from my iMac to the MacBook, Spotlight indexed the .docx files just fine. I then copied the mdimporter from the MacBook and replaced the one on the iMac and then re-indexed Spotlight and it appears to be working now on the iMac. Must be that there was a newer, possibly fixed, importer included with newer downloads of Office.

Reactions: Mr. Retrofire
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.