Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

scmguru

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 9, 2007
Over the last week or so of ownership, I've noticed the back slide panel (the one you remove to charge etc) has become less tight fitting and the bottom of the case around the panel has become creaky.

When I hold the case, the pressure of my fingers will cause the panel to push in and the bottom of the case makes a creaking sound.

It definitely didn't do it when I first got it..

Is anyone experiencing the same issues?

Thanks!

infdarknite

macrumors newbie
Sep 28, 2010
Over the last week or so of ownership, I've noticed the back slide panel (the one you remove to charge etc) has become less tight fitting and the bottom of the case around the panel has become creaky.

When I hold the case, the pressure of my fingers will cause the panel to push in and the bottom of the case makes a creaking sound.

It definitely didn't do it when I first got it..

Is anyone experiencing the same issues?

Thanks!

yes i've experienced the same issues and promptly returned the otterbox case.. as much as i love the case these issues and a few others caused me to me repeatedly annoyed with it and so i just returned it..

prot0type

macrumors regular
Jul 12, 2010
The dock cover definitely loosened over time compared to when I originally received my Commuter case, at least not to the point where I was worried about it falling off. However, that was after 2 months or so of ownership. Not sure how it would have done later down the road.

I still think it's a good case, but there are also other alternatives out there that would work just as well.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.