Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

oRBIT2002

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 17, 2011
Gothenburg/Sweden
I'm a happy iPhone14Pro user but of course I think it's nice with new things to "play with" and I'm interested in upgrading to 15pro. :) But I'm not convinced this time since camera upgrades usually is the biggest reason for me to upgrade.
Would be interesting to hear from other iPhone14pro users that plans to upgrade, what is the main reason? Please leave your comments below. I'm looking for reasons for pressing the "Buy" button. :)

Dulcimer

macrumors 6502a
Nov 20, 2012
Yes and only really because of USB-C. The lighter weight is a nice bonus, too.

Wouldn’t be upgrading if 14 Pro had USB-C, so I’m salty about that.

FelixTheShepherd

macrumors newbie
Jul 29, 2022
Yes, mainly for the 10gb/s transfer speeds. I use the ProRes recording a lot and files are a pain in the ass to transfer atm. And I'll prob get a bigger storage model. Still undecided between 512 or 1tb. Leaning 512 though since the transfer is faster.

TorontoSS

macrumors 65816
Nov 9, 2009
I actually don't know. I had purchased a refurbished 13 pro with the idea that I'd sell and get a 15 pro when it's out. But it got stolen and I was provided with a 14 pro by insurance (honestly don't know why, but I'm not going to question it). So now there's less reason for me to do so, but i'm mostly intrigued by the weight for the 15 pro. The other features are just nice to haves, but the weight is a big issue. But I do think the 14 pro is an excellent phone.

oRBIT2002

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 17, 2011
Gothenburg/Sweden
Yes, mainly for the 10gb/s transfer speeds. I use the ProRes recording a lot and files are a pain in the ass to transfer atm. And I'll prob get a bigger storage model. Still undecided between 512 or 1tb. Leaning 512 though since the transfer is faster.
Slightly offtopic in my own subject.. Do you shoot your personal videos in ProRes for further editing on a computer or something or might it be work-related? Just out of curiosity..

FelixTheShepherd

macrumors newbie
Jul 29, 2022
Slightly offtopic in my own subject.. Do you shoot your personal videos in ProRes for further editing on a computer or something or might it be work-related? Just out of curiosity..
Depends on what kind of personal videos but mostly not in ProRes. For work stuff always ProRes -> edit in Final Cut, hence the need to transfer them.

watchthisspace

macrumors 6502a
Apr 11, 2010
I shouldn't as it's wasteful (IMO) but when I'm in Australia in November, I will try trade-in my 14 pro for a 15 pro at an Apple Store.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.