Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

KFox78

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 19, 2016
For the last few weeks, I have seen something interesting in the Fetch My Data section of Settings (Settings -> Mail, Contacts, Calendars -> Fetch New Data). If you look at the picture below you will see what I am referring to -

1e083a7e_o.jpeg

Basically it is a question mark in Fetch New Data, labeled as Mail, but does not connect to anything. I removed all accounts in Mail, Contacts, Calendars, so nothing is lingering. I have looked at every app to see if something would have been created by an app. Still did not see anything. I do not want to erase my entire iPhone and reinstall all the apps just to have this go away.

Has anyone ever experienced this, and does anyone know how to remove it without doing a wipe clean, start from scratch solution? Oh, and FYI - I have already tried Reset All Settings. Didn't make a difference.

Thanks.

iPhone 6s Plus, iOS 9.3.1

SMIDG3T

Suspended
Apr 29, 2012
England
For the last few weeks, I have seen something interesting in the Fetch My Data section of Settings (Settings -> Mail, Contacts, Calendars -> Fetch New Data). If you look at the picture below you will see what I am referring to -

1e083a7e_o.jpeg

Basically it is a question mark in Fetch New Data, labeled as Mail, but does not connect to anything. I removed all accounts in Mail, Contacts, Calendars, so nothing is lingering. I have looked at every app to see if something would have been created by an app. Still did not see anything. I do not want to erase my entire iPhone and reinstall all the apps just to have this go away.

Has anyone ever experienced this, and does anyone know how to remove it without doing a wipe clean, start from scratch solution? Oh, and FYI - I have already tried Reset All Settings. Didn't make a difference.

Thanks.

iPhone 6s Plus, iOS 9.3.1

Haven't seen this before. You say you've reset all settings, have you tried a hard reset? (You will lose no data when you do this).

How To (if you don't know how): Press and hold the Home button and the Power button until the phone switches off, when you see the Apple logo, let go of both buttons.

KFox78

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 19, 2016
Yes, I have done a hard reset with no luck. I also have added back a couple email accounts hoping it would overwrite it, but the page now shows the 2 email accounts and the ? (along with the Holiday Calendar, which I have no idea where that came from either).

Any other suggestions or ideas on why this is in there? I don't think it is effecting any day-to-day operations, but I also do not like anything lingering in my settings.

Thanks.

Armen

macrumors 604
Apr 30, 2013
Los Angeles
Yes, I have done a hard reset with no luck. I also have added back a couple email accounts hoping it would overwrite it, but the page now shows the 2 email accounts and the ? (along with the Holiday Calendar, which I have no idea where that came from either).

Any other suggestions or ideas on why this is in there? I don't think it is effecting any day-to-day operations, but I also do not like anything lingering in my settings.

Thanks.

remove and re-add the mail account.

SMIDG3T

Suspended
Apr 29, 2012
England

Thanks.

Okay. That's strange. Do you know what account that is? What happens if you click on it? Is there not an option to delete it?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.