Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

vjicecool

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 16, 2010
Is there a way to set time limit on the reminder?

I drive a bike and I received a reminder(appointment) on the Phone, I mounted my phone to the handle bar. As i was driving bike and wearing gloves i couldn't remove it and it was obstructing my view. this happened when i was using the google maps.

Any suggestion on how to remove the reminder.

ZEEN0j

macrumors 68000
Sep 29, 2014
Change the notification setting for reminders so it’s not permanent. I don’t know the exact term as my phone is in Swedish.

NoBoMac

Staff member
Jul 1, 2014
Change the notification setting for reminders so it’s not permanent. I don’t know the exact term as my phone is in Swedish.

Settings > Notifications > Reminders > Banner Style > Temporary

ADD: or turn on Do Not Disturb While Driving

Reactions: ZEEN0j

cynics

macrumors G4
Jan 8, 2012
Above are your two options, DnD or have reminders set to temporary.

Personally I would turn on DnD but set it so favorites can get through and someone who calls twice in a row can get through. This way you can still get emergency calls for friends and family. I only suggest that because if you are anything like me you need reminders to be set to persistent so you don't forget whatever it is. If thats not the case for you then temporary notifications is a option.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.