Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

l4t13

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 15, 2006
Hey guys im getting a black macbook and would like a black bluetooth mouse and keyboard to go with it. Everyone I notice has the little usb bluetooth adapter you plug into the computer. Since my macbook will have bluetooth, is all i have to do turn it on and it detects the mouse and keyboard? I know this is the case with the mighty mouse but it only comes in white. What about something like the revolution vx? thanks.

thewhitehart

macrumors 65816
Jul 9, 2005
The town without George Bailey
I recall reading in this forum that someone bought a microsoft bluetooth mouse that would not work with the mac's built in bluetooth. There is no reason why it shouldn't, but this particular person had to put the usb dongle in for the mouse to be recognized.

It should work flawlessly, but I suppose it's only guarenteed with an apple mouse.

siurpeeman

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2006
the OC
Hey guys im getting a black macbook and would like a black bluetooth mouse and keyboard to go with it. Everyone I notice has the little usb bluetooth adapter you plug into the computer. Since my macbook will have bluetooth, is all i have to do turn it on and it detects the mouse and keyboard? I know this is the case with the mighty mouse but it only comes in white. What about something like the revolution vx? thanks.

to my recollection, the vx revolution is not a bluetooth mouse. you would still need to attach the wireless dongle into the usb port. logitech does make the v270, a bluetooth mouse, which you wouldn't need a dongle of any kind. the mouse, however, doesn't come in black.

Sesshi

macrumors G3
Jun 3, 2006
One Nation Under Gordon
The VX has a dongle and it isn't Bluetooth, but the way it works is very nice. It's the least onerous dongle I've had. Ejecting the dongle from inside the mouse is a very simple affair and turns on the mouse as well. Putting the dingle back in its slot, the mouse turns off automatically.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.