Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jent

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 31, 2010
Hi everyone, I have a few quick questions on buying the new iPhone. Firstly, my wife and I both already have an iPhone 12. I bought mine outright and she uses her Apple Card to make payments.

We are both considering the iPhone 13 and I'm just wondering if there are any restrictions on using that same card to buy two iPhones (and if it depends on whether they are in installment plans, full price, or one of each). We'd prefer to use her card for the 3% Apple Cash and for the interest-free 24 months of payments. I also want to ask if by buying it all with her Apple Card, any of the phones are somehow tied to her Apple ID permanently or if once I activate mine I'm all good to go with it then being tied to my Apple ID.

Finally, if she wants to get the iPhone 13 on an Apple Card installment plan, does she have to pay off the current installment plan on her iPhone 12? It's fine either way, but I'm just wondering if she can have two payments set up for two iPhones on a single Apple Card for a single person.

Thank you!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.