Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Bill Fitz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 10, 2015
With regard to the new Home Pod Mini, do you think it is possible to pair the new Mini to both your Home Network and another Home Network outside the house to use Intercom ?

In other words, could I buy two Home Pod Minis and connect it my father's Home Network and also my own Home Network so we could talk to one one another without my father picking up the phone ? I would use my iPhone to initiate Intercom and he would just rely on his Home Pod Mini to talk to me. He is elderly & losing his mobility.

I don't think so but thought I would ask here.

TLewis

macrumors 65816
Sep 19, 2007
I'm making a wild guess, but I'd guess that the same Apple ID would have to be used on all HomePods, at the very least.

Also, unless you're sending a quick message, a phone would be much more convenient. As I mentioned in another thread, conversations like this would get old real quick:

Hey Siri, tell Sam, we need to go
Hey Siri, reply, just a moment.
Hey Siri, reply, come on, we need to go
Hey Siri, reply, I can't find my shoes
Hey Siri, reply, They're by the front door

malcky77

macrumors regular
Oct 12, 2019
From my initial test of intercom......you would most definitely NOT have a conversation using the intercom function.

I think this will only come in handy to send a simple and quick 1 way message.

Last edited:
Reactions: Itinj24
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.