Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

WannaApple?

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 9, 2008
I've been doing some prelim work in prep for a new phone this year. I currently have AT&T with a 13 Pro Max contract but am not happy with them so considering going to another provider and just getting an Apple financed phone plan.

I thought I remember last year that the Apple Upgrade Program offered a trade-in option for my existing phone, but I'm not currently seeing it. When I go to the iPhone upgrade page, there is no option to trade-in an old phone. I can see the option for the regular 24 month finance, but I want to make sure I get the yearly upgrade option, even if it costs a few $$ more. However I don't want the hassle of having to sell my phone myself and would prefer to just trade it in.

Am I incorrect in remembering that Apple offered trade-ins previous years for the upgrade program? Did they change it? Or do you think it's just because we're so close now to a new release? Anyone have any insights on whether this still exists, whether it usually comes back with a new phone release or is it just not offered for this plan? Thanks

CMoore515

macrumors 6502a
Sep 27, 2015
Des Moines, IA
I believe you get the option to trade-in after a year when you're actually enrolled in the iPhone upgrade program.

I'm assuming you could still trade your 13 PM in store, but I'm not sure as I'm not enrolled in the program.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.