Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Rodster

macrumors 68040
Original poster
May 15, 2007
I've read that the only condition an OTA update will commence automatically is if you have your iPad plugged into a source, have 100% Battery and WiFi turned on. Is that true?

For now i'm staying put on iOS 6.1.3 on my iPad 2. I'm waiting for the release of the NEW iPad's and want to try iOS 7 at that time to see if I like it. :)

bandofbrothers

macrumors 601
Oct 14, 2007
Uk
Its advised you have fully battery.

On my iPhone if i'm not connected to a wifi source then the option to update OTA is greyed out.

Im assuming to save data within your allowance.

charlituna

macrumors G3
Jun 11, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
I've read that the only condition an OTA update will commence automatically is if you have your iPad plugged into a source, have 100% Battery and WiFi turned on. Is that true?

For now i'm staying put on iOS 6.1.3 on my iPad 2. I'm waiting for the release of the NEW iPad's and want to try iOS 7 at that time to see if I like it. :)

Not the 100% part. But the other two yes I believe that is correct.

It should ask you to confirm the installation even if it downloads but if you want to block it say while you are sleeping just turn off wifi at night. Then it can't connect to do anything.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.