Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

londoner888

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 9, 2010
Tottenham, London
Received my Gold XS today, but I think I'm going to return it for a refund.
I've had almost every iPhone since the 3GS and this is the first time I've ever returned one so I'm not sure how it works.

When unboxing it in the car, due to excitement, I stupidly threw the plastic wrapper for the actual phone along with the wrapper for the box (ironically, it's the first time I've done this, usually I keep both).

Everything else is intact, would Apple still honour the refund? and will I get charged with a restocking fee because it is not as it came?

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
Received my Gold XS today, but I think I'm going to return it for a refund.
I've had almost every iPhone since the 3GS and this is the first time I've ever returned one so I'm not sure how it works.

When unboxing it in the car, due to excitement, I stupidly threw the plastic wrapper for the actual phone along with the wrapper for the box (ironically, it's the first time I've done this, usually I keep both).

Everything else is intact, would Apple still honour the refund? and will I get charged with a restocking fee because it is not as it came?
Apple doesn't really care about those plastic wrappers and I've returned apple product without them and had no issues. As long as you return what was in the box is fine.

As for the re-stock fee, typically Apple have no re-stock fee on returns but it can vary. You may want to talk to the rep at the apple store if there is one.

UnifiedMelody

macrumors regular
Nov 17, 2017
Australia
You should be able to return without issues. I returned my iPhone X previously for 8 Plus due to the camera being the exact same copy in terms of IQ back in 2017... but now I can say the XS/XS max made a leap in camera quality.

Fusionskies

macrumors regular
Apr 30, 2015
United Kingdom
I work for an APR, and where I work you need to pay a restocking fee, however Apple I believe waive the fee, they should take it back no issue.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.