Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lightnight

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 19, 2014
I'm currently curious about upgrading to iOS7. I am currently on iOS 6.1. If I were to upgrade to iOS7 and wish to downgrade to iOS 6.1, all I need is the saved SHSH blob or whatever it is called? I have one stored on my computer from when it was still being signed. How would one go about restoring to 6.1 with the SHSH blob?

Also, I was wondering if it would be better to attempt to sell my device as 6.1 with Jailbreak as I know there are still holdouts, and iPhone 5 (the phone I have) is the strongest phone that can do iOS6.x. Would this be something I should look into or try iOS7 first to see if I even like it before contemplating selling?

Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

lightnight

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 19, 2014
It's a one way upgrade.

Even with the SHSH blob? Can I ask what the purpose of the SHSH blob is for then? I thought that was why I had made it in the past, but I suppose I could have been confused to the entire situation haha. Thank you for your help!

iPodJedi

macrumors 6502a
Nov 28, 2013
Apple Store, USA
just upgrade to ios7 it is way better than 6 and a lot less flaws-you'll be satisfied
i wasn't sure i like ios7 at first and now im sad i cant get it on my itouch 4g and can only do it on my iphone and ipad.

curiosity

macrumors regular
Sep 3, 2013
Even with the SHSH blob? Can I ask what the purpose of the SHSH blob is for then? I thought that was why I had made it in the past, but I suppose I could have been confused to the entire situation haha. Thank you for your help!

I recently did some research and this is what I know: SHSH blobs only work for iPhone 4. No hacker has cracked the protection of iPhone 4s and later yet. You can save blobs in hope of a future hack but until then they are of no use.

----------

just upgrade to ios7 it is way better than 6 and a lot less flaws-you'll be satisfied

I wouldn't do that. At least wait for 7.1 and see if things got fixed and improved.

lightnight

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 19, 2014
i wasn't sure i like ios7 at first and now im sad i cant get it on my itouch 4g and can only do it on my iphone and ipad.

Haha. I've been burned in the past with upgrades on other devices for other things (decreased functionality of some obscure setting or something I like that I can't anticipated or change)/

I recently did some research and this is what I know: SHSH blobs only work for iPhone 4. No hacker has cracked the protection of iPhone 4s and later yet. You can save blobs in hope of a future hack but until then they are of no use.

----------

I wouldn't do that. At least wait for 7.1 and see if things got fixed and improved.

I didn't realize they were for iPhone 4 only. I was hoping they worked with later devices. Oh well I suppose. I'll continue waiting to see what the future holds. Thanks you guys!

iPodJedi

macrumors 6502a
Nov 28, 2013
Apple Store, USA
Haha. I've been burned in the past with upgrades on other devices for other things (decreased functionality of some obscure setting or something I like that I can't anticipated or change)/

I didn't realize they were for iPhone 4 only. I was hoping they worked with later devices. Oh well I suppose. I'll continue waiting to see what the future holds. Thanks you guys!

There isn't any decreased functionality-u paid for your device, now go make the most of it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.