Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

NJDevils44

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 6, 2006
Please help me if there is already an app or anybody willing to develop one. With my new 6GB/m plan for iPhone 3G I will need to somewhat monitor my usage. Are there any apps that can show me how much I've used that month and reset each new month? Might be a dumb question I don't know but anyone that can help, thanks.

jplan2008

macrumors regular
Feb 15, 2008
Please help me if there is already an app or anybody willing to develop one. With my new 6GB/m plan for iPhone 3G I will need to somewhat monitor my usage. Are there any apps that can show me how much I've used that month and reset each new month? Might be a dumb question I don't know but anyone that can help, thanks.

It's already there in settings - usage. Has info to track battery -- usage and standby hours/minutes since last charge; call time for current period (since reset) and lifetime (starts at zero with restore); EDGE Network Data (assume will either show 3G and Edge separately, or maybe total) sent and received since last reset.

I reset on July 2. 3.8 MB sent, 17.1 MB received -- so 21 MB in 8 days. Very light browsing, maybe 150 emails received and around 10 sent. Still, I really doubt 6GB is ever going to be a problem. Really, without tethering, that's basically unlimited.

NJDevils44

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 6, 2006
It's already there in settings - usage. Has info to track battery -- usage and standby hours/minutes since last charge; call time for current period (since reset) and lifetime (starts at zero with restore); EDGE Network Data (assume will either show 3G and Edge separately, or maybe total) sent and received since last reset.

I reset on July 2. 3.8 MB sent, 17.1 MB received -- so 21 MB in 8 days. Very light browsing, maybe 150 emails received and around 10 sent. Still, I really doubt 6GB is ever going to be a problem. Really, without tethering, that's basically unlimited.

Yeah true but I want to be able to monitor it monthly without having to reset and having to always add the numbers together and stuff but I guess not...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.