Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Christopher11

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 10, 2007
I recorded this video of myself playing keyboard. I can't help stomping / tapping my feet sometimes, so the camera shakes. Is this something FCP can fix or reduce? Please see the attached video.

Is there a way FCP can help reduce that? Also, any suggestions for how to avoid this in the future? The tripod has rubber legs and the keyboard stand has rubber dampening on the floor too. The wood transmits the vibration apparently.

Thank you for any suggestions.

Attachments

• Keyboard.m4v
    9.1 MB · Views: 2

ColdCase

macrumors 68040
Feb 10, 2008
NH
FCP has a stabilization tool that crops the image and makes an attempt at stabilizing it. You will loose some quality and jolts like you have may take considerable CPU processing to straighten it out somewhat. Its always better to stabilize the camera, some have optical stabilization built in. I use an EVO gimbal on my mountain bike rides, does pretty good but dunno if you will get everything out.

Christopher11

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 10, 2007
I see. Thank you. I think maybe I need to put the tripod on a rug or something. To dampen any vibration.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.