Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

essiw

macrumors member
Original poster
May 17, 2015
Netherlands
Currently I am planning to buy a macbook air M1 as well as a in combination with a Samsung 4k 120hz QLED 55QN90B. Since the samsung has 4k in 120 hz output but only hdmi input I would like to have a cable or hub that would be able to output 4k in 120 hz from my mac. I have been searching high and low but cannot find a solution for this.

next to that I was wondering how good airplay is. The tv comes with airplay 2, what quality would I get from my macbook air if I connect it via airplay (4k 120hz or lower?) and what would be the input lag? Any information would be helpful

Reactions: Smith_Wesson

essiw

macrumors member
Original poster
May 17, 2015
Netherlands
currently what I found out is that mac only supports 120hz at 4k via Displayport, but TV’s don‘t use displayport… using a converter from usb c to displayport to hdmi also does not seem to work according to other internet sources… except if you use windows on an (intel) macbook… seems like there is no solution at all for this problem…

Last edited:

The_No10

macrumors newbie
Jan 6, 2022
Currently have a 14” MacBook Pro screen casting to a Samsung Q6 series and it’s surprising smooth. If I have illustrator open, it’s again pretty smooth, with color and clarity a bit less crisp, but nothing I can’t live without. I’m waiting on an ultra HDMI cable to come in the mail to connect and see if there’s much of a difference.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.