Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

brgjoe

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 6, 2014
Central IL, USA.
Well, I have been playing around with my new 16" Macbook Pro Max (14/30) for about a week now. Just a few impressions:

Love how everything integrates with my iPhone/iPad/Apple Watch. I know a lot has been said about it for a long time, but for this Windows user, I am still impressed by it. Definitely something in the "Plus" column. Also good is the sound quality from the speakers. For a laptop, it's pretty darn impressive. And the screen is better than any laptop I've ever owned. (and I've owned Alienwares/Dells/Gateways/HP's).

Only real con so far is the keyboard. At least for *me*. I've had better laptop keyboards. Or at least one's that I felt more comfortable with. Maybe this is something I will just get used to as time goes on. But I kinda wish they were just a tad more spaced out with a little more travel. But we'll see how this goes as I type on it a lot more.

I am a real MacOS newbie. I mean, I don't even know how to download a game from say Steam or GOG and the install and play it. Which I will be doing soon. I want to play Baldur's Gate 3. Probably will get it from GOG. I have a Steam account on my PC's. But switching one account from one PC to another has been a pain in the butt. It won't recognize the other PC. I can only imagine how bad it will be trying to switch from a PC to a Mac and have it recognize the account on the Mac.

I have Space Black. And so far it has been very durable -- no readily discernible scratches that I've noticed. It doesn't seem to be too bad at showing fingerprints. All in all it really looks like a quality, well built machine that should last me for quite a few years. It will take me that long to probably finally get the hang of MacOS. :)

Reactions: ldenning and jfm010
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.