Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Gibson88

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 25, 2006
United Kingdom
for those who have iPad OS 13 installed on iPad mini can you tell me in Safari loads up the desktop sites or not? I’ve seen on a YouTube video someone says it loads mobile still. I’m not sure if that is. Snug or if it’s because it’s the smallest iPad in the range.

Thanks.

laestrella

macrumors member
Mar 9, 2012
Maybe for you. I have ipadOS loaded and as I said, YouTube and some sites do load in desktop.

If you do it’s not as seamless as on the iPad Pro 11 inch that I have. That loads up pretty much all sites that I’ve tried in desktop mode without fiddling with anything. Definitely a different experience.

I finally forced my mini to load sites in desktop mode by clicking on the “Aa” and requesting desktop sites. It’s not on by default the way it is on the 11.

sorgo †

Cancelled
Feb 16, 2016
It’s a bit of a mixed bag for me—sites like YouTube, MacRumors, and Ars Technica all load in desktop view on my Mini 5 running iPadOS 13 while others load a mobile version. Personally I tend to prefer mobile layouts, especially for readability while multitasking on the Mini’s smaller display. ;)

Feenician

macrumors 603
Jun 13, 2016
It’s a bit of a mixed bag for me—sites like YouTube, MacRumors, and Ars Technica all load in desktop view on my Mini 5 running iPadOS 13 while others load a mobile version. Personally I tend to prefer mobile layouts, especially for readability while multitasking on the Mini’s smaller display. ;)

At least you can configure on a per-site basis easily now. Best of both worlds.

Reactions: sorgo †

akash.nu

macrumors G4
May 26, 2016
It depends on how the site is developed and at what resolution the full vs compact version kicks in.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.