Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kriebe

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 3, 2011
Irvine, CA
Before Mojave, if you pressed spacebar on a single image in a list of images and then adjusted the window to be larger on your screen, maybe to even fill up the window, the image within the window expands with it. This still does the same, however, when you arrow up or down to the next image in your finder, the image no longer maximizes to the current Quick Look window size. Before, you use to even just be able to hit the Alt/Option key to expand an image within the Quick Look window, now that key has been hijacked to switch the rotation direction.

Am I missing something? Is there a way to put this functionality back or a key that I'm not realizing to use now instead?

osplo

macrumors 6502
Nov 1, 2008
Much to my despair, I found this just now. Annoying...

Plus, if you use the maximize button in Quick Look, the four fingers swipe left/right does not work anymore. You are stuck to that desktop space.

Reactions: martyjmclean

J.Gallardo

macrumors 6502
Apr 4, 2017
Spain
Mojave 10.14.2 on iMac27 (2017).
Doesn't happen to me. QuickLook with space bar opens image in its default size; if I make it bigger or smaller, and move to next image (arrow down) it maintains same window size. But perhaps you mean that image, independently window size, is displayed at its original size. Well, yes.
I don't remember prior behaviour, so I feel it consistent, as helps me to know real image size. If I want to make it bigger, I have to press space-bar twice and drag to augment.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.