Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Trekkie

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 13, 2002
Wake Forest, NC
I had intended to play with Vista under Parallels.

After spending a few hours downloading 3.69GB I discovered that Parallels doesn't present a 64-bit processor and the 64-bit Windows will puke 3 seconds after launching the installer.

So that you don't have to sit through the download to discover that, thought you'd like to know.

Boot camp 1.1.1 downloading now to install it on my Mac Pro.

bearbo

macrumors 68000
Jul 20, 2006
Trekkie said:
I had intended to play with Vista under Parallels.

After spending a few hours downloading 3.69GB I discovered that Parallels doesn't present a 64-bit processor and the 64-bit Windows will puke 3 seconds after launching the installer.

So that you don't have to sit through the download to discover that, thought you'd like to know.

Boot camp 1.1.1 downloading now to install it on my Mac Pro.

i thought parallels doesn't support vista at all, 32bit or 64 bit

Trekkie

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 13, 2002
Wake Forest, NC
On the RC Candidate I downloaded it was an operating system option with (experimental) behind it. Was worth a shot. Didn't realize it didn't do full 64-bit though, unless that's related to the VT-X bug that affects the Mac Pros.

bearbo

macrumors 68000
Jul 20, 2006
Trekkie said:
On the RC Candidate I downloaded it was an operating system option with (experimental) behind it. Was worth a shot. Didn't realize it didn't do full 64-bit though, unless that's related to the VT-X bug that affects the Mac Pros.

in the Release Condidate(RC) of vista or parallel?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.