Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

David Taub

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 2, 2016
Miami Beach FL
Ordered a box of these, zeiss says it's a good, gentle wipe for ipads (what I mainly want it for), iphones, even computer screens...

Can anyone chime in on if these are good? Will they damage the screens in your experience?

This box of zeiss wipes should be here today. Want to use them to clean my ipad mini 6 screen before I lay down a screen protector. Trying Paperlike and a glass version from Ambison. Both 'matte' versions.

Okokok, thanks for advice...
dt

LibbyLA

macrumors 6502a
Jun 16, 2017
Both screen protectors should come with cleaning supplies. You should get towelettes and dust removal stickers.

happy orchard

macrumors 65816
Jun 3, 2020
Zeiss is good though. They make expensive and nice binoculars, so they know how to take care of lens and glass surfaces.

…if you purchased from the Zeiss company I’m thinking of. :)

Reactions: cthompson94

cthompson94

macrumors 6502a
Jan 10, 2022
SoCal
Zeiss is good though. They make expensive and nice binoculars, so they know how to take care of lens and glass surfaces.

Also had a partnership for Sony for some legendary Sony Lenses.

Most of the time though all you need is a good microfiber cloth for cleaning screens and lenses and just glass in general. For some heavier duty cleaning like something sticky I usually just lightly dampen a small section of my microfiber cloth and wet the area then the dry side and 9/10 comes right off. Those wipes I do keep in my camera bag though because they are great on the go wipes

CharlesShaw

macrumors 65816
May 8, 2015

They also make expensive and nice corrective lenses with superior non-reflective coatings.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.