Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

STC

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 14, 2008
Ok guys, quick question for you...

Can I put on and take off pictures w/o iTunes? And how do I pull pictures off the iPhone and put them on the computer? I dont see any way of doing this in iTunes.

btw: I'm on an XP machine.
Thx!

Surely

Oct 27, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
You need to be more specific: Are you using a Mac or a PC?

If you're using a Mac, then your iPhone will sync with iPhoto, and that will be how you move photos back and forth.

I'm not sure how it works with a PC. I'm sure if you tried using the search tool on these forums (top right of the page), you will quickly find the answer though.

STC

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 14, 2008
I'm on an XP machine (PC).
Windows XP does not recognize my iPhone as a "Scanner or Camera". It doenst show up in My Computer.

How do I get XP to recognize my iPhone and how do I pull pics off it?
Oh btw: my iPhone was jailbroken w/ iLiberty and no problems so far (I doubt this has anything to do w/ it though)

Pls help.
Thx!

STC

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 14, 2008
N/M, i figured it out (I think).

You need pictures in the camera roll (pics taken w/ iPhone camera) to get XP to recognize it. Weird, but it works.

ifengzi

macrumors newbie
Jun 9, 2008
The right environment... Unlocked phone, version 1.1.4 on a XP machine... When you plug the iphone in a dialog window appears displaying what actions you'd like to take with the device:
-scanning
-office word
-and scanner / camera

If this doesn't happen goto start>control panel> and open the scanner and camera option from there.

No ITunes... This 'should' work! Good luck...!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.