Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

willyhunt

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 31, 2004
Exeter, UK
Hi, okay I have decided to sell one of my mini's to purchase an ibook. (Still deciding between 12" and 14" but theres plenty for me to read on that). Anyway I have a 512 stick of Ram that I took out of my latest mini to upgrade the RAM to 1GB. I had not got round to ebaying before I decided to get an ibook.

So the question is will this RAM from my mini work in the latest ibook's? I checked Crucial and it appears to be the same. Also with the mini basically being an ibook would I be correct in assuming it would work?

Thanks in advance.

wrxguy

macrumors 6502a
Jul 4, 2005
Deepest Regions of Hell
I dont think they use that same type of memory...I would put in a call to apple possibly or to crutial...but i dont think they are the same...now your ibook to a PB it would probably fit...but not a mini to an ibook

robbieduncan

Moderator emeritus
Jul 24, 2002
Harrogate
Mac Minis use standard desktop DIMMS. iBooks so SO-DIMMS (Small Outline-DIMMS). They are of a very different size. Whilst the speed ratings might be the same you simply cannot use one in place of the other.

willyhunt

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 31, 2004
Exeter, UK
robbieduncan said:
Mac Minis use standard desktop DIMMS. iBooks so SO-DIMMS (Small Outline-DIMMS). They are of a very different size. Whilst the speed ratings might be the same you simply cannot use one in place of the other.

Gotcha, pays to read websites properly I guess. :eek:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.