Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

eric3312

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 17, 2012
It seems like sometimes when I'm in the quick reply mode for messages, i'll see some weird stuff happen..for example, I'll see duplicate messages or messages out of order...when I tap on the message to load it up in the app completely, everything is normal. Sometimes I'll even see duplicates of the little dots indicating that the other user is typing.

Anyone else experience this?

AeroZ

macrumors 6502a
Aug 7, 2013
Estonia
Yeah, I've seen this aswell. Also if you open quick reply then sometimes it shows some old message that you received from the person and not the latest one that you're actually replying to.

Reactions: JerTheGeek

mattysmith118

macrumors 6502
Oct 6, 2016
South West Wales
It seems like sometimes when I'm in the quick reply mode for messages, i'll see some weird stuff happen..for example, I'll see duplicate messages or messages out of order...when I tap on the message to load it up in the app completely, everything is normal. Sometimes I'll even see duplicates of the little dots indicating that the other user is typing.

Anyone else experience this?

Yes I experience this aswell, does it say they're always typing too?

teddybearstand

macrumors regular
Jun 17, 2013
Yep have this happen a lot. Not a deal breaker. It generally happens when i am using quick reply successively (responding using quick reply for many responses).

Thor_1

macrumors 6502a
Sep 18, 2016
Texas
Never seen duplicate messages or out of order and I pretty much use daily. I do see the indication of the other person typing though.

Michaeldim96

macrumors newbie
Nov 4, 2016
I also face the same problem. I sent a bug report and they told me that it is a bug. I restore my device, I delete messages, but nothing happen. Still have this annoying problem. Especially when it shows older messages out of order!

LordQ

Suspended
Sep 22, 2012
I hate that when you 3D Touch the notification, the keyboard takes ages to come up, is there a way to have it instantly like iOS 9?

pacorob

macrumors 68020
Apr 8, 2010
the Netherlands
I guess this might be related to the topic start post. I was wondering if there is any bug that causes that when you remove e.g. some e-mails via the access screen that they still appear in your e-mail app and show up with a badge number. Although I just deleted those two via the access screen.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.