Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

YoungLostTech

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 14, 2019
Is there any possible way to have a shortcut to an app settings? I would like to streamline the process of turning on and off the location services of a specific app without having to go to settings, going to the app and then clicking location services, and then toggling back and forth between always or never. so a shortcut that would either make this toggle for me automatically, or at least get me right to the page where I can just toggle back and forth would be greatly appreciated. Any help? One iPhone is stock on the latest version iOS and the other iPhone I would also like this as a possibility on is jailbroken on the latest jailbroken firmware.

Reactions: Mike_p823

Mike_p823

macrumors newbie
Jan 25, 2018
Is there any possible way to have a shortcut to an app settings? I would like to streamline the process of turning on and off the location services of a specific app without having to go to settings, going to the app and then clicking location services, and then toggling back and forth between always or never. so a shortcut that would either make this toggle for me automatically, or at least get me right to the page where I can just toggle back and forth would be greatly appreciated. Any help? One iPhone is stock on the latest version iOS and the other iPhone I would also like this as a possibility on is jailbroken on the latest jailbroken firmware.
Did anybody answer you? I still can’t get to the actual app but I did get as far as the settings. Here’s that shortcut: https://www.icloud.com/shortcuts/8c98defa44474e9c8246a0d55f83c577

Reactions: forrie

wakimac

macrumors newbie
Feb 11, 2022
open shortcuts app / + / Add action / Web / Find and select Open URL / input prefs:root=Privacy&path=LOCATION

CombatWombats

macrumors newbie
Aug 2, 2022
I needed to do this for the State Farm Drive Safe & Save app - for me the URL was prefs:root=Privacy&path=LOCATION/com.statefarm.DriveSafeAndSave

Open Shortcuts App / + / Add Action / Web / URL / input prefs:root=Privacy&path=LOCATION/com.statefarm/DriveSafeAndSave / Add Action / Open URLs

For other apps, the URL follows the format:
prefs:root=Privacy&path=LOCATION/bundle.id.here

And you can find the bundle ID of your specific app like this:

Here's where I found the URL - It has useful URLs for other settings, too:
https://www.reddit.com/r/shortcuts/comments/i9rjbh

COBRASVT

macrumors 6502
Aug 26, 2008
Atlanta
Found an error in the above. I was trying to do the same with Drive Save and Save.

When you create the shortcut, use com.statefarm.DriveSafeAndSave rather than com.statefarm/DriveSafeAndSave

Cheers for the post. Most helpful.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.