Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

HighTime

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 20, 2014
Hello folks,

In Safari, is there a fast way of copying the web address that is in the web address bar specifically, not talking about links on pages, specifically the address in the address bar? Is there a way to mouse click on it maybe with a modifier key to get it to immediately copy? There was this one which I use in Firefox but I can't seem to find an equivalent in Safari? The extension in the link just places a nice icon at the end of the address bar which you can click to copy the URL.

Any ideas?

HighTime

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 20, 2014
I just set the BT mouse over the html address here,
right click and had 3 options, the top one was "copy"
Ah ok that's bit different to Firefox where the first option isn't copy, this is a bit better. How about a keyboard shortcut? Would there be a way to do that?

bogdanw

macrumors 603
Mar 10, 2009
You can create a QuickAction in Automator and assign it a shortcut.
GetSafariUrl.jpg

Reactions: HighTime

HighTime

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 20, 2014
Thank you all for your feedback. You know I was messing around looking for new apps and came across one that allowed me to just click command + c to copy the web address link without having to click on the web address, so wherever I am on the page, just command + c and web bar address is copied. Worked out perfectly. It's called StoptheMadness.

bogdanw

macrumors 603
Mar 10, 2009
The QuickAction described above #8 can be assigned Control+C (⌃C). One shortcut to copy the URL of the current Safari webpage, no need for a third-party app.

Reactions: HighTime

circatee

Contributor
Nov 30, 2014
If you do what @Bigwaff suggested command-L will put the cursor in the address bar, then command-C will copy the address to the clipboard. That seems faster you could do with a mouse or any app and you hands never leave the keyboard.
Was not aware of the CMD L feature. Thanks...

Reactions: Weaselboy
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.