Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mjohansen

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 19, 2010
Denmark
Hi

Can anyone please tell me what languages are available for QuickPath?

QuickType with word prediction has never been available in Danish unfortunately.

Reactions: Tevosn

thebrocode

macrumors regular
Mar 11, 2013
09ABE067-96BA-4472-8F4F-C083685EEAF3.jpeg
There you go

ZEEN0j

macrumors 68000
Sep 29, 2014
Apple is really slow with these sort of things. At least Swedish is getting QuickType this year

bmac89

macrumors 65816
Aug 3, 2014
According to a video I watched on YouTube, the QuickPath (swipe) keyboard is not available in the full-size keyboard but only in the small keyboard... is that correct?

If so that is very dissapointing! I don’t see why this should be the case. All I can think is the QuickPath swiping could conflict with the swipe down keyboard introduced in iOS 11 but surely this is workable with some tweaking, perhaps even an option to toggle between would be better than nothing.

Can someone check this out please and confirm whether it works in full (normal) keyboard)?
Many Thanks!

Here is the video:

ZEEN0j

macrumors 68000
Sep 29, 2014
According to a video I watched on YouTube, the QuickPath (swipe) keyboard is not available in the full-size keyboard but only in the small keyboard... is that correct?

If so that is very dissapointing! I don’t see why this should be the case. All I can think is the QuickPath swiping could conflict with the swipe down keyboard introduced in iOS 11 but surely this is workable with some tweaking, perhaps even an option to toggle between would be better than nothing.

Can someone check this out please and confirm whether it works in full (normal) keyboard)?
Many Thanks!

Here is the video:

I personally wouldn’t need it when I can use two hands with the full size keyboard. The floating keyboard is for one handed use where swiping makes sense.

larzy

macrumors 6502
Nov 16, 2008
Denmark
Sadly QuickPath still isn’t available in danish (and other languages) - since the dictionary is available I’m surprised it is so hard to make for Apple.
I wonder if this means it doesn’t work either on the new Apple Watch 7 - probably.

pacorob

macrumors 68020
Apr 8, 2010
the Netherlands
Sadly QuickPath still isn’t available in danish (and other languages) - since the dictionary is available I’m surprised it is so hard to make for Apple.
I wonder if this means it doesn’t work either on the new Apple Watch 7 - probably.
I was surprised to see that still so many languages weren't supported for QuickPath.
The only few languages they added in iOS15 also included my language Dutch but it's so odd that it's only supported in a just a few countries while QuickType is available for a lot more languages and it is bugging me more and more features that they launch in e.g. US become available years after launch in other countries including now with QuickPath but that is also the case with many other features. I sure hope Apple invest more into that instead of a better camera in their new iPhone.

QuickPath languages supported:

• English (United States)
  • English (Australia)
  • English (Canada)
  • English (India)
  • English (Singapore)
  • English (United Kingdom)
  • Chinese (Simplified)
  • French (France)
  • French (Belgium)
  • French (Canada)
  • French (Switzerland)
  • German (Germany)
  • German (Austria)
  • German (Switzerland)
  • Italian
  • Spanish (Spain)
  • Spanish (Chile)
  • Spanish (Colombia)
  • Spanish (Mexico)
  • Portuguese (Portugal)
  • Portuguese (Brazil)
Added QuickPath languages in iOS15 don't yet appear on the above Apple site but are:
  • Dutch
  • Swedish
  • Russian
  • Turkish
  • Vietnamese
  • Hindi (Latin)
QuickType languages supported (a lot more):

Last edited:
Reactions: larzy
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.