Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Nov 1, 2001
VA
I just finished putting together a large animation (1.8 gig, 800x500res) and want to make it a little more manageable. So I brought it up in Quicktime, exported it in MPEG-4, Best Quality, no key frames and 2000 Mbs data limit. This should produce a 200 meg file and it does. However, half way through the animation the quality goes from great to really poor and continues that way to the end. I can't figure out why this is happening and hope someone here knows what's going on.

As a test, I'm currently redoing it with Sorensen 3 and I'll probably try it again with key frames - although I don't like using them.

Thanks,

D

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Nov 1, 2001
VA
So, interestingly enough, Sorensen works fine - but the file size is not 290 meg. Not a big deal, but it does concern me about the MPEG-4. Oh, and I'm using OS10.3.8 - I haven't updated to Tiger yet because I've been working on this animation and didn't want to have any issues while I was still working on it. I'll probably update shortly and see if that fixes the problem.

D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.